Samsung launched in Seoul on 28th January the enduring Galaxy Xcover 2: „the ideal smartphone for active explorers who are enjoying outdoor lifestyles and seeking a durable mobile device with essential smartphone capabilities.”
Here are some main features that make the Galaxy Xcover2 the „tough-guy” of the pack:
• Water resistant to a depth of one meter for up to 30 minutes. It can even take photos underwater and has a special strap to secure it while using it.
• Pre-installed Google map data with enhanced GPS and GLONASS (helps obtaining a 20% faster response time from satellites and gives a more accurate localization).
• Very big battery autonomy that can last up to 570 hours.
• Despite the focus on durability sustained by the Galaxy Xcover 2 shell it has a 4” WVGA display and a 5 MP camera and VGA front camera.
• A 1 GHz dual-core processor that runs Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
The GALAXY Xcover 2 will be available for sale in March 2013. Here you can find a full list of features.